Your business on the internet is just like a needle in a haystack. Therefore, just having a website with your logo is not enough to make a huge impact on people any longer. Any business that wants to stay above the prey must be active in producing new content to stay relevant. That means publishing new articles and posts that provide new and engaging information to your potential customers. Having the ability to create new piece of contents for your audience can have a profound impact on the growth of your business. However, creating this kind of content can be quite challenging. Therefore, we’ll be going over a few benefits and challenges small businesses face in content marketing.
Content marketing benefits for small businesses:
- Build lasting relationships with your audience. We all know there’s no value in a business without an audience. Think of Facebook, the more people use it the more valuable it becomes. The more content it has the more people flock to it. You need to think the same for your business by understanding what your audience need and create content based on that need.
- Increases visibility of your brand. The more content you create the more likely someone will find it and learn about your brand. Each time you create a blog post or some type of info-graphic, it will be index by the search engines such as Google, and Bing. As people search the internet chances are they will find you, not your competitor.
- Helps you to build authority and credibility. Why not becoming the subject matter expert in your industry? As you write higher quality content, so will your site authority increase. Usually, other websites will link to your contents. The more inbound links you have, your website’s domain authority will increase even further which translate to higher organic search visibility.
- Generates traffic to your site to improve lead generation. As you can imagine the more content you publish, you have a greater chance of landing new potential clients. It is good to already monitor your traffic to understand which content bringing you the most traffic and learn how to convert that traffic into real customers.
- Helps your customer move through the purchase decision more quickly. People are becoming more impatient these days, so the faster your serve your customers with what they need, the more likely they will come back.
Generating new contents for your business online can be a daunting task to undertake. If you find yourself unable to come up with topics on a regular basis to write about, it’s okay to reach out to your existing audience and ask them what kind of information they are interested in. This will give you a much narrowed focus on what you area to direct your content.
Content marketing challenges for small businesses:
- Not having enough resources to produce content your audience is looking for. If you are one of those small businesses not having enough capital to hire a dedicated resource for your content, then you need to make the time yourself and start creating the content for your audience. Remember, content marketing only cost time not money.
- Know your goals for content marketing. Don’t just write any piece of content just because you want to have more content. Make sure you study and produce great content focus around your audience and your niche area.
- Not knowing how and where to share content. Make sure you leverage all the social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Reddit to share your newly created contents with your audience. If you don’t know how to use them, start investing the time to learn those platforms. They are free.
- Consistency in producing new content. Be consistent in your posting, interacting and providing value to your audience. Make sure you engage them. and if possible provide a schedule to your audience of when your next post is coming.
- Defining ROI for your content marketing campaign. Before you put your content together, make sure to define some success or failure goals. This will help you understand whether or not to continue producing the same type of contents.